Anyone know TOS control panel ? and can give a short description of these buttons

TOS Olomouc

Tu możemy porozmawiać na temat podstaw budowy amatorskich maszyn CNC

Autor tematu
Maws
Czytelnik forum poziom 2 (min. 20)
Posty w temacie: 6

Anyone know TOS control panel ? and can give a short description of these buttons

Post napisał: Maws » 07 lis 2019, 23:03

From a TOS CNC mill (TOS Olomouc) - anyone able to give a description of the marked buttons..as I'm missing the manual for this machine.....:(
Layout33.jpg
Layou44.jpg

Awatar użytkownika

Petroholic
Lider FORUM (min. 2000)
Lider FORUM (min. 2000)
Posty w temacie: 4
Kontakt:

Re: Anyone know TOS control panel ? and can give a short description of these buttons

Post napisał: Petroholic » 08 lis 2019, 08:18

I've made a little change to your pics so it would be easier to discuss...

Obrazek Obrazek

I don't own a TOS mill but some of the buttons are common for most of machines so:

1. Coolant ON/OFF
2. ...
3. ...
4. (Probably) Door switch override ON/OFF. You can or can't mill with door open.
5. (Probably) Spindle STOP.
6. Feed Hold - Works like PAUSE button but probably do not stop spindle so the button 5 is needed to put hands in machine :)
7. Cycle START.
8. (Probably) Rapid JOG. If you press "arrow button" the axis will move with feed speed. If you press and hold Button8 and arrow button the axis will move in RAPID MODE (faster).

Those are only my guess so anyone feel free to correct me or write down your own version :)
Including full machine photo and type number would help. Maybe someone has a manual for that...

Cheers mate...

PS (in Polish for other guys that maybe don't know English) :

Jeśli ktoś ma TOSkę, a nie czai angielskiego to niech pisze po naszemu - się przetłumaczy :)

Autor tematu
Maws

Re: Anyone know TOS control panel ? and can give a short description of these buttons

Post napisał: Maws » 08 lis 2019, 09:38

Thanks a lot :)

The machine is a TOS FGSQ 32 CNC B (so probably should be under "industrial machines"), but....:)

A manual would be of great interest if anyone have, I have for the Heidenhain controller, but not for the machine itself.....:)

Here is a picture of the same type of machine (taken from the net, so I saw this had another controller attached)
7388.jpg
1249.jpg

Awatar użytkownika

Petroholic
Lider FORUM (min. 2000)
Lider FORUM (min. 2000)
Kontakt:

Post napisał: Petroholic » 08 lis 2019, 11:59

Very nice and rigid machine but has one minus as most of the older machines in same style than i don't like. Movement in Z axis is made by table. That's no problem if you're doing small things. Problem starts when you put 500kg or more of material at the table... Vertical screw and servo is having hard time than... Probably you could compensate that by counterweight but it would need to be adjusted every time you switch setup on table to match current weight...

Other than that one small issue they are very nice work horses :)

Steryd
Lider FORUM (min. 2000)
Lider FORUM (min. 2000)
Posty w temacie: 3

Post napisał: Steryd » 08 lis 2019, 16:15

2 looks like oiling. (keep pressed for a short time after start of the machine)
3 is a major fault reset. Probably need to be pressed for supply error reset to run the control.
Można?
Morzna!!!

Autor tematu
Maws

Post napisał: Maws » 08 lis 2019, 18:42

Petroholic pisze:
08 lis 2019, 11:59
Very nice and rigid machine but has one minus as most of the older machines in same style than i don't like. Movement in Z axis is made by table. That's no problem if you're doing small things. Problem starts when you put 500kg or more of material at the table... Vertical screw and servo is having hard time than... Probably you could compensate that by counterweight but it would need to be adjusted every time you switch setup on table to match current weight...

Other than that one small issue they are very nice work horses :)

Yea can imagine that might be a problem - if I eventually get it back up and running it will be for smaller stuff I recon, it will be more of a "hobby", as I want to learn CNC, and this one came up for cheap locally so took a chance on it (and turn it into a "project"...:) )

Still seem to give me a few PLC errors, so haven't really been able to make it spin up the spindle, or change tool, but the PLC errors that where initial there (and the reason it was sold) I'v sorted out it seem, so hopefully only some adjustments/settings that's causing it to not do much (I can run all axis etc, so can pass ref.points on initial startup :))

btw, any idea where it might store coolant ? (I haven't opened all the blinding of the housing so haven't been able to follow the coolant hose) - or do one have to hook up externally ?. (normally).

Awatar użytkownika

Petroholic
Lider FORUM (min. 2000)
Lider FORUM (min. 2000)
Kontakt:

Post napisał: Petroholic » 08 lis 2019, 18:53

Easiest way to find coolant reservoir is to follow drain hose from table or table enclosure. It can be in the lower rear part of base or a stand alone box...

Does it have a tool magazine or you switch tools by hand? And does it have normal axis or reverted?

Autor tematu
Maws

Post napisał: Maws » 08 lis 2019, 21:42

Added in 1 hour 46 minutes 55 seconds:
btw, when trying to get spindle running in MDI mode I get this "*" sign - any tips on what that might mean in heidenhain ? - and spindle doesn't run, if I remember correctly there where no error messages at that point.....

And the mdi "Program" I tried
20191108_133801_1.jpg
20191108_135150_1.jpg
Added in 5 minutes 38 seconds:
Looks like it means "control in operation", but not sure what that means....nothing happens :)

Added in 6 minutes 8 seconds:
Petroholic pisze:
08 lis 2019, 18:53
Easiest way to find coolant reservoir is to follow drain hose from table or table enclosure. It can be in the lower rear part of base or a stand alone box...

Does it have a tool magazine or you switch tools by hand? And does it have normal axis or reverted?
Not sure what happened - my old message got overwritten, but yea it got a tool holder, and not sure about difference betweeen normal/revert axis (Nooob.....;) )
Załączniki
mill1.jpg
mill2.png

Awatar użytkownika

Petroholic
Lider FORUM (min. 2000)
Lider FORUM (min. 2000)
Kontakt:

Post napisał: Petroholic » 08 lis 2019, 22:49

Having a tool change is always nice :)

About reverted axis. Most of the machines in that style comes in straight line from horizontal machines but only have added a vertical head. Most of them even have horizontal spindle nose under head. That's why there are some machines that have horizontal axis setup. To be less technical - if your table goes UP / DOWN in Z axis = u have vertical setup. If your table goes UP / DOWN in Y axis = you have horizontal setup. Nothing wrong with that - just have to think twice what you do :) I'm used to vertical and sometimes i'm using my friends MAHO with horizontal setup = few times near crashed cause of inverted programming :)

About HH i'm not able to help you :( Only thing that i know about HH is that it exists :)

Steryd
Lider FORUM (min. 2000)
Lider FORUM (min. 2000)
Posty w temacie: 3

Post napisał: Steryd » 08 lis 2019, 22:57

There's no spindle on command in Your MDI program. Add extra line with M3 or M4. Usually u move for instance Z100 and M3.

Witk PLC errors. Check every fuse in supply cabinet. If it's Similar to what I saw there are quite much of ceramic fuses that can get messy.
Można?
Morzna!!!

ODPOWIEDZ Poprzedni tematNastępny temat

Wróć do „CNC podstawy”