ponar remo fwe 16 wobbly table y axis

wobbly table and loose dovetail

Maszyny ze stali, aluminium, odlewów itp.
Tu możesz również przedstawić się i opisać swoją maszynę

Autor tematu
getriebsand
Nowy użytkownik, używaj wyszukiwarki
Posty w temacie: 3

ponar remo fwe 16 wobbly table y axis

Post napisał: getriebsand » 15 sie 2023, 20:19

Hey there,
i was wondering if you guys could help me with the table wooble i have. The x and z axis are smooth and solid without any play but the y axis has a gap of arround 0,8,mm on the solid dovetail ( not the side where the adjustable gib is). I tried tightening the adjustment screws of the gib but the wiggle only stops if i really turn them tight and then i am not able to move the table in y axis anymore. The Leadscrew and the nut are prefectly fine with minimal backlash. I disassembled the machine and cleaned the table. I also checked all the gibs for even contact with blue die. All the surfaces are still scraped without any real wear marks. For now i added a brass stripe with the thickness of 0,8mm into the gap and the table stopped to wobble completly but i am still curious if there s not another way to get that gap / play out of the machine table. Remachining would be an option but honestly for the things i am making and what the machine cost me that would be to much.

Here is a picture for better understanding
Obrazek

here is a picture of it before i cleaned it:
Obrazek

Tagi:

Steryd
Lider FORUM (min. 2000)
Lider FORUM (min. 2000)
Posty w temacie: 2

Re: ponar remo fwe 16 wobbly table y axis

Post napisał: Steryd » 15 sie 2023, 23:17

Normally the tightening gib should fix the problem with play on both sides of dovetail, but maybe if this machine worked a lot with large play matching surface could get waved so it won't work properly with direct contact.
Other possibility is that large wear of surfaces caused contact on non flat surfaces (on the edge of dove tail or on flat surface beneeth it) chamfering edges of matching surfaces could help then.
Można?
Morzna!!!

Autor tematu
getriebsand

Post napisał: getriebsand » 15 sie 2023, 23:26

First of all thank you for the response the reason you state which could cause the table wiggle seems reasonable but after talking to the selller and also looking at the contact surfaces i highly doubt it was working hard or often in use. All the contact surfaces on the x, y, z axis still have factory scraping on them and i even checked the surfaces for even contact with blue dye. Could it be that the leadscrew is not perfectly in the middle or that the gib which is installed in the y axis was made once while a repair and it has the wrong dimension (to small)?

Autor tematu
getriebsand

Post napisał: getriebsand » 16 sie 2023, 19:20

Btw if someone has the same maching as i do would you be able to send me the measurements of the gib from y axis i included a picture for better understanding.
Obrazek

Steryd
Lider FORUM (min. 2000)
Lider FORUM (min. 2000)
Posty w temacie: 2

Post napisał: Steryd » 16 sie 2023, 19:55

This is the locking gib. It is used to keep Y axis in position and make machine more vibes resistant when U machine planes or grooves along X axis.
There can be another one on the other side for play reduction.
Można?
Morzna!!!

elijahnelson
Posty w temacie: 1

Post napisał: elijahnelson » 11 paź 2023, 09:55

Even a small piece of debris or contamination in the dovetail or gib can cause wobbling. Ensure that all surfaces are completely cleanmapquest, and there's no debris that's preventing proper contact.

pepperedcocky

Post napisał: pepperedcocky » 16 lis 2023, 05:45

On all three axes (x, y, and z), the contact areas are still scratched from the factory. I used blue dye to make sure they were all in good touch.drift hunters

Miaksli

Post napisał: Miaksli » 02 sty 2024, 05:11

Wobbling can be brought on by even a little fragment of debris or contaminants in the gib or dovetail. Make sure that no debris is obstructing appropriate contact and that every surface is spotless basket random

ODPOWIEDZ Poprzedni tematNastępny temat

Wróć do „Frezarka - konstrukcja metalowa”